Tuesday, August 12, 2008

summer!

So, we didn't spend the *entire* summer holed up in the house, running the a/c because it was too smoky to safely go outside :). Here are some of the things we did, with more posts to follow...

Here are Adrienne and Lydia after the annual Enloe family picnic. The kids all look forward to it, as there is a variety of bar-b-que food to eat, plus lots of fun kid stuff like face painting (obviously!), a jumping house, games, etc.

Here is Aaron, Jonathan, Annie, and my mom at our friends, Eric and Sarah Becker's house. They're standing in front of the Becker's apricot tree, which my mom and I were able to pick apricots from...

Here's what I've decided about California: it's a wonderful place to live, in spite of the high cost of housing, because there are so many perks, like farmer's markets and good friends with fruit trees who are generous :). Seriously, we love all the fresh fruits and vegetables that grow here all year round...

Here's Simon (with Adrienne in the background) swimming...

And here is Elijah doing his favorite thing, while hanging out with Eric and Eric's mother in law.

4 comments:

Sonia said...

I love the face paint. Did you do that for them? Very cute. Adrienne looks just like you.

Where did you find those floaties for Simon? I'm not sure that our vests are suffcient.

California is a wonderful place to live! I have a sister in Redlands and one in Valencia.

Anonymous said...

The girls got their faces painted at the picnic-if I had done it, it wouldn't have looked nearly as good! I got all of Simon's floatie stuff at Target; I agree, the little vests for toddlers aren't enough, as they don't keep their faces out of the water (although I do still keep Annie's on her when we are in/near water). I tried putting the arm floaties on Annie, but they were so big that she had limited movement, and I still couldn't really ever let go of her, so it wasn't much of a solution for us. For the rest of the summer, I've just resigned myself to hanging on to Annie in the water; next year they'll be big enough for the arm floaties (not that I'm in a hurry for time to pass, heaven knows it does that all too quickly anyway!).

Meg said...

Aw, what happy pictures! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun together.

Anonymous said...

thanks, Meg. We do have fun for the most part, although there are the occasional melt downs, or what may be the death of me yet, the whining!! I just don't usually take (much less post!) pictures of those moments ;).