Saturday, June 28, 2008

the annual father-son camping trip weekend

Every year in May, Elijah & the boys go on a weekend camping trip to Rockport Beach with a group of men & their sons, and this is the first year Simon was old enough to go (at age 4, he thinks he's a pretty big kid). Here he is the morning they left, with one of his favorite books.

the older boys...

The girls and I weren't too sad when they left, as we had plans to watch movies, make donuts, and Saturday afternoon we got babysitting for Annie and went to the Cinderella ballet, which was neat. Unfortunately, the father-daughter trip was canceled due to the fires :(.

Lydia & Annie

4 comments:

Meg said...

They could all be models! Oh, I so wish I had girls, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Meg! Yes, the girls are fun and special in their own way, and of course with their own unique challenges as well (I shudder at my own adolescent years, and hope my daughters will be more graceful through their adolescence than I was!).

Sonia said...

Wow, that looks so fun! I want to make donuts with girls and go camping with boys. For now, we are mostly managing ear infections. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the ear infections!! Aside from violent, uncontrollable vomiting, ear infections are my most dreaded (minor) childhood illness--it's horrible when everyone barely sleeps *and* everyone is miserable. I sure hope the infections go away, and quick.